Recently my boyfriend, my 3 year old and I took our first trip with frontier airlines.It was a catastrophic experience: on February 11th I purchased tickets on frontier website as they were running a sale at that time and my family and I were planning to go to an 80th birthday party for my boyfriend’s mother and family reunion.

The purchase was round trip from phoenix to Denver and round trip from Denver to Orlando. our flight number was 758 departure Tuesday April 5th 2016 from phoenix to Denver at 10:05 am and connection in Denver flight 686 at 2:45 pm flying to Florida. Return on April 13 2016 was flight 679 Orlando to Denver leaving at 11am and connecting in Denver flight 747 leaving at 2.20 pm to phoenix. I got both confirmations printed; vacations were approved through our jobs for the dates previously mentioned.

Returning to work on April 14th 2016. The day of the trip we arrived with plenty of time at the phoenix airport ready to board. Upon arrival at the front desk we were shocked to hear that the flight I purchased was not in the system, they say and I quote “your reservation does not exist” for the flight phoenix to Denver round trip. I showed the printed confirmations for both flights purchased, I advised and showed my bank account activity for February 11th as I was charged for both round trips separately a total of $761.

They kept repeating and interrupting me stating I cancelled that round trip between phoenix and Denver and only purchased the one from Denver to Orlando. Leading us stuck on the first day of our vacation. Frontier airlines was not helpful in correcting or advising further steps other than to call customer relations 1-801-401-9000 and tell them. I did call customer relations prior to boarding and with time to spare I spoke with a woman who verified that the only confirmed reservation she saw in her system was phoenix to Denver round trip.

I made her repeat that 3 different times and asked her to confirm with the front desk as they couldn’t see the reservation. She then changed her story prior to speaking with anyone leaving right back to where we started, stranded at our starting point, after that, she denied what she had told me previously and disconnected the call. We felt hopeless and completely frustrated. Went back to the front desk and begged for help in tears as my toddler was starting to get tired and we were losing time before the flight (we had confirmation of purchase) departed.

The only resolution from frontier was to call back again to customer relations, when I did I requested to speak to a supervisor and had to tell the whole story over again and no solution was given just expectation of us paying a fee to be on a flight the next day, the fee was for cancelation of this flight we were trying to check in. the fee was $297 for the change on the flight for the next day. On top of that the supervisor on the phone not only change my flight but made it one way phoenix to Orlando. I asked her as I purchased a round trip where was the confirmation for the return flight, she told me that I needed to purchase it again for the 3 of us, in the amount of $339.77 (this was the cheapest one) and what she offered was April the 15th return flight from Orlando at 11.20 am layover in Denver from 1.20pm to 9.55 pm over 8 hours waiting at the airport with a 3 year old, no nap, expensive food and creating his own set of problems.

Was a complete nightmare for all of us.

And one of the worst vacation experiences flying with any airline.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of frontier airlines flight booking. Frontier Airlines needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned frontier airlines flight booking in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Frontier Airlines. You can also consider other companies suggested by the author: Delta Airlines or United Airlines.

Had an Experience with Frontier Airlines?

Comments