Montrose-Ghent, Ohio
Additional Fees
Number of Destinations

My husband and I arrived at the Cleveland airport with our 3 children to fly to Orlando.2-12-15.I was told they are "jammed up" it was chaos at the frontier airline counter.

At 6 am when we reached the desk for our 630 flight -the customer service gentleman said that there wasn't enough time to get us through security as they already loaded the luggages. He said - I'm sorry it's too late. How long does security check take anyways? I am wondering now also if it was because my husband is from the Middle East?!

All of their flights are booked for today. He said to call the reservation to rebook. (That was an automated joke!) They did offer us a flight credit but with a $75 fee per ticket (375$) So now here we sit all packed up for Orlando and no way to get there. My kids are crushed.

In reading reviews about Fronteir at Cleveland airport this seems to be an issue. They did tell us we could sit and wait to see if any cancellations on the other full flights today. I am convinced our seats were resold. Terrible experience.

The $50 parking pass was also non refundable Nothing nice to say about this airline nor the customer service.

Sincerely thinking to call Better Business Burea.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of luggage check-in. Frontier Airlines needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned luggage check-in in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Frontier Airlines. You can also consider other companies suggested by the author: Delta Airlines or United Airlines.

Had an Experience with Frontier Airlines?

Comments

I know you didn't just pull out the race card. You were late.

Denver, Colorado, United States #967721

You mentioned you got to the ticket counter at 6:00 for a 6:30 flight.Don't forget to mention in your call to the BBB (it's spelled BUREAU, by the way) that YOU WERE LATE!

Most airlines have a cutoff to check in and drop your bags at least one hour prior to departure. Maybe the lines were extra long and that definitely sucks. But you can't blame the airline for your tardiness. Leave earlier next time.

Has nothing to do with your husband being Middle Eastern.It has to do with you not planning ahead.

Ocoee, Florida, United States #945285

The frontier website says that at the Cleveland Airport they recommend to be there two hours before the flight and that the cut off time to check in for a domestic flight is 45 minutes.Their desk opens two hours before the flight.

So this would mean you should have been in the Frontier line at 4:30 a.m. While this seems early, if the trip is important you may want to consider doing so the next time. [I live in Central Florida. All these amusement parks are okay, but I would check out the beaches also.]

Also, what you need to realize is that A LOT of planes leave in the morning.

That means it is one of the busiest departure times. The check in lines are going to be packed at any airport in the morning.

In contrast, while there is an afternoon rush, the afternoon is much more a question of people arriving at the airport, e.g.business person flies to Pittsburgh in the morning, and returns to Cleveland after work that day.