Featured Not resolved
Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

Frontier is the worst functioning business I have ever had an interaction with.I don’t know how they spread so much disappointment and rage and still manage to stay in business.

Our flight to Cleveland was one of hundreds canceled out of Denver the weekend before Christmas, but not before it was moderately delayed so we still had to get up at 3am and drive two hours through the mountains in the off chance that it left on time. They tried to claim it was weather related so they wouldn’t have to comp any hotels or more expensive tickets for the thousands of people they screwed over, even though it had been beautiful for days and no other airlines were having these problems. Lines were horrendously long to talk to customer service and remedy our canceled flight. We were the lucky few in the first thirty people or so of the line and only waited a little over an hour.

Other poor souls were hundreds of people back in line and, if they are finally done waiting two days later, should sue for emotional distress damages. When we finally got up to the service counter, the customer service agent seemed like she could care less and just wanted a nap. She was not helpful at all. She had no recommendations for us.

We were told we couldn't fly into Cleveland until Friday! (Mind you, this occurred at 9am Monday) We finally got out of her that we could get tickets on a flight to Cincinnati, but that was only after we asked about flights to 4 other cities. She was completely unforthcoming with any helpful information. Upon asking about our luggage that had been checked to Cleveland, we were told that our checked bag would be taken off the canceled flight to Cleveland and we could pick it up at baggage claim, recheck it on the new flight to Cincinnati and go back through security.

When we arrived at baggage claim there were hundreds or suitcases strewn around the carousels. After waiting half an hour (at this point our flight had been canceled for about 2 hours already), I was told that our bag was going to go to Cleveland anyway, despite the fact that the flight was canceled. I was ready to leave baggage claim on that knowledge, when my husband talked to someone else who said to wait there and the bags would come up on the carousel in about 45 minutes. Now we had conflicting information and we had to track down someone else to confirm which was correct.

It turned out our bags would indeed be showing up. Get your story straight people! How does a company allow an employee to go around telling customers completely false information? If I had relied on that information my day would have been even worse!

From the time the flight was canceled to the time the luggage made it back to baggage claim was almost three hours! After checking our bag to Cincinnati, the plane to Cincinnati ended up being 5 hours delayed! At one point, it was delayed a half hour every half hour for three hours. Get it together people!

Don't string someone on like that. As hope that we would make it to Cincinnati that night and still be conscious enough to drive to Cleveland ebbed away, we started looking for other options. We ended up getting on a standby list for a flight to Columbus and getting on that plane. With all this bouncing around between flights, I was told we could fill out a form directing the airline to ship our bag to us in Cleveland when it landed in Cincinnati.

When we landed in Columbus I asked a frontier agent where I could fill out the form. She didn’t know what I was talking about! She told me to call customer service. More conflicting information, imagine that.

I called customer service and proceeded to wait on hold for 2.5 hours! Yes, the entire drive from Columbus to Cleveland consisted of me waiting on hold with Frontier customer service. But wait, there’s more! Upon talking to a person, she told me my bag had actually been pulled off the Cincinnati flight when it was discovered we were no longer on it and was in Denver.

She took the address for delivery and said the bag would be overnighted. Imagine my surprise when I got a voice mail the next afternoon saying I had to call Frontier baggage at Cincinnati and provide delivery information because our bag was actually in Cincinnati! Six hours and 20 phone calls later, I was finally able to talk to someone who said my bag did, in fact, make it to Cincinnati and I had to give them delivery information to ship it. Does no one know anything?

Who spreads all this false information to so many employees? How is it that one company can have so much conflicting information? This fiasco is the absolute epitome of incompetence. And my story is better than some others.

I made it home that day.

The same cannot be said for everyone Frontier screwed over this past weekend.I hope these atrocities indicate a company in its death throws that will soon be nothing but a distant memory of anguish and a warning to others how not to run an airline.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. emilyelizabethk stated that there is a room for improvement of entire customer experience and useless employees. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of frontier airlines flight and associated monetary loss in the amount of $2800. Frontier Airlines needs to "this is the second terrible experience i have had. i want a refund of the this most recent flight and reimbursement of the additional 2500 we had to spend when frontier delayed our flight in march so much that we had to take a different airline" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned frontier airlines flight in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Frontier Airlines. You can also consider other companies suggested by the author: Delta Airlines or United Airlines.

Had an Experience with Frontier Airlines?

Comments

Beaverton, Oregon, United States #1272043

All airlines had delays this day and in prior days.It may have been clear that day but air traffic control has to try and catch up when there is weather and may have to cancel flights and re route them around weather.Also airlines have to report to the dot and faa when they cancel a flight and they have to show the reason for the cancellation.Airlines can't just make up the reason of weather to cancel a flight.They have to show proof.

Coon Rapids, Minnesota, United States #1262620

The whole review becomes irrelevant to me when it contains a blatant lie.The other airlines were NOT functioning fine at Christmas.

Every airline had delays due to weather all over the country, not just in Denver.One lie and I don't believe the rest.

to Anonymous Fullerton, California, United States #1262822

I don't think she was intentionally lying to us, she is just a six year old girl that does not know how the world works.

Loriann7191
to Anonymous #1269366

Um...I happened to agree with the author of this.There were a lot of other airlines capable of providing the service in which they are paid for.

Don't let generalities persuade you into calling someone a liar.Very judgmental and don't judge if you have walked in this persons shoes.

LadyScot
Naples, Florida, United States #1260656

The other airlines were not functioning fine.My brother and his family were delayed 8 hours on Thursday flying to Disney for Christmas.

The weather is disrupting flight paths. YOU chose to fly on Christmas.

It also chose to snow, sleet and blizzard on Christmas.Have a backup plan or deal with it like a big girl.

to LadyScot Fullerton, California, United States #1260747

The little girl that posted this should have had her facts straight before posting. Perhaps if she got a parents help they could have told her other airlines were having issues as well. She should have had her facts straight before posting the review.

Fullerton, California, United States #1260304

Fine since you are obviously dimwitted and cannot think for yourself, just because the weather was fine and in safe for landing in your area does not mean it was safe in other areas.I never said that your review got under my skin.

You are putting words in my mouth which makes you a hypocrite.You are very immature, and don't worry your immaturity won't ruin my Christmas.

Fullerton, California, United States #1259970

The little girl that wrote this complaint should know that just because the weather is perfect where she lives does not mean that it is the same everywhere.

to MakeMyDay2016 Elyria, Ohio, United States #1260065

The person who is posting from some of the best weather in the country has no room to make derogatory remarks to the woman who lives in Cleveland.This wasn't so much about the weather as the service on this specific airline.

As I mentioned, all the other airlines were functioning fine. I have been in much worse conditions regarding flying and canceled flights on other airlines and everything was handled much more efficiently and with infinitely more regard to the customer. This is not my first rodeo.

My previous job had me traveling around the country 80% of the time.Don't try to delegitimize other people just to make yourself feel better.

to Anonymous Fullerton, California, United States #1260125

But you did mention the weather so I am commenting on it.I was not delegitimizing you.

I was simply stating the truth, you appeared very young when you said the weather was perfect.Just because the weather is perfect where you live does not mean it is perfect elsewhere.